gogo squeeze

Started by Jessica, February 18, 2012, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Just saw on their website that there is no peanut or tree nut in the facility. Same with the rest of the top 8.

http://www.gogosqueez.com/our-products/

http://www.gogosqueez.com/faq/

I'm trying to get my kids to snack a little better so I think I'm going to try having a few of these on hand. My kids are older but still like to snack.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

GingerPye

My son loves these and requests these for his school lunches.  I think it's just the novelty of the thing!  Just plain ol' applesauce!  But it is convenient.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Jessica

That's what has me interested-the convenience. No worries about grabbing a spoon or anything and it shouldn't (hopefully) be too messy. They do have a few different flavors, at least.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hezzier

My DS is not a fan...to fine a texture, like baby food.  DD doesn't mind though.

Janelle205

While I'm glad that they are working for you, I have to admit that these totally terrify me.

I had ana after a preschooler accidentally wiped applesauce on my face.  Every time I see these (which is frequently, since walmart has them in the check out lanes) I think: "squirt gun of DEATH!"

However, for anyone that is looking, I believe that dole or del monte recently came out with their own version as well.

krasota

And each pouch (90g) is below the puree/liquid item limit for airlines.  Four of them fit in a quart-size ziploc.   :thumbsup:  There's even room for a couple Wholly Guacamole 100cal packs, also below the limit. 

--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Janelle205

I saw another brand of these, wish I could remember what the name was, in a prominent display at the Wal-Mart this weekend. 88 cents per pouch.  I didn't read for safety, since its an obvious no for me, but may be another option for someone here. :)

livingnutfree

Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Jessica

There is now an apple-mango flavor in case anyone avoids mango. We don't directly buy/eat it but dd never tested positive to cashew so we don't worry about cross contamination of it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

krasota

Quote from: Jessica on May 08, 2012, 11:57:58 PM
There is now an apple-mango flavor in case anyone avoids mango. We don't directly buy/eat it but dd never tested positive to cashew so we don't worry about cross contamination of it.

Thank you.  Guess I need to call about x-contam issues. 

The popularity of mango is really starting to irritate me on DS' behalf.
--
DH histamine intolerance

EmilyAnn

Quote from: Jessica on May 08, 2012, 11:57:58 PM

Is mango a common concern for people allergic to cashews?
Mommy to David age 5 1/2 allergic to cats, dogs, pollen, dust, mold, peanuts, tree nuts, beans, and peas and suffering from severe eczema and 3 other little boys with no know allergies

Jessica

Mango can be cross-reactive, meaning that people with cashew allergies can react to it, but may not. I think kiwi/latex or banana/latex is another. Maybe someone has a link with more information about this.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

krasota

Quote from: EmilyAnn on March 07, 2013, 12:13:31 PM

Is mango a common concern for people allergic to cashews?

It's a food family issue.  DS reacted to mango before he reacted to cashews.  And he reacted to pistachios via SPT.  Given his reactions to the first two, the allergist recommended avoiding pistachio.

I don't know how common the whole family allergy is.
--
DH histamine intolerance

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview