To start antihistimine or not....that is the question

Started by MandCmama, March 23, 2012, 12:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouKnowWho

Our pollen counts reached record highs last week, close to 10,000.  Dumb me made our allergy appt thinking the crest would be closer to the end of April.  Is it bad when today it's 1500 and I think this is reasonable?

I think it's a large part of why everyone in the house is sick (yup, everyone).  I hate to do it to Em but while she may have escaped the food allergy aspect she has not escaped the environmental aspect of allergies.  DH and I should have never been allowed to breed LOL

Thank goodness for rain.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

MandCmama

I've never tested positive to anything, allergy wise.... And I've been tested several times due to cough (which turned out to be asthma) and headaches ( which turn out to be from only God knows)... But every time I'm outside lately I get horrible sinus headaches ( it seems directly proportional to the neighbors forsythia, which is in full bloom). My head and sinuses also started beating like a drum when I walked into a store yesterday, that was inundated w/ Easter flowers. I used to LOVE smell of hyacinth. Now I can't go near it :(
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Mfamom

Quote from: candyguru on March 24, 2012, 09:16:47 PM
Quote from: Mfamom on March 24, 2012, 07:36:29 PM
I think people don't realize that some pollens come out as soon as end of January.

Maybe this year ...  but in a normal year, it is -15C and we are buried under 20cm of snow in late January (here in Canada)  haha

Though by late Feb we can have snow mould depending on the weather  :-[

Yeah, i was surprised too.  Usually very cold in Jan and Feb here, but he said some of the Pine family starts while its still winter.

My ds takes allegra pretty much year round.  he just suffers if he doesn't.  He's also allergic to dust, mold etc. and every time we try to take him off (dead of winter etc. he doesn't do well). 

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview