Bomb pops

Started by IowaMom, July 11, 2012, 02:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaMom

DD got invited to a birthday party where these will be served. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with them for PA. Thanks!
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

GoingNuts

If you are talking about Popsicle Brand Firecrackers (used to be called Bomb Pops, back in the day  ;) ), they are not made on dedicated lines.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

rebekahc

Bomb Pops are made by Blue Bunny - not sure if others trust them.  I don't because I reacted to a product of theirs (but it was a really long time ago, so probably not relevant now) and just can't bring myself to give them another shot.   

http://www.bluebunny.com/About/FAQ/Products.aspx

QuoteWhat steps are taken to address allergens?
Blue Bunny is keenly aware of the effects of allergenic substances and therefore strives to ensure that products are properly manufactured and labeled to protect the consumer. In addition to closely adhering to specific formulas for each item, we have programs in place to help prevent cross contact.

The Quality Assurance Department reviews weekly production orders to ensure non-allergen products are manufactured first. When bulk flavors are produced, flavors are arranged in an order that prevents one flavor from being contaminated by the preceding flavor. If the possibility exists, an equipment washout is performed. In the rare instance where a flavor change is made on a novelty run during a shift, the same procedure is followed. Ordinarily, the same product is run on a novelty line for an entire shift; the machine is then dismantled, scrubbed and sanitized before the next shift. All Wells' manufacturing facilities are Safe Quality Foods (SQF) certified.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

IowaMom

Yes... I was referring to the ones made by blue bunny. I have never used their products at home but I know dd has had a couple of their products with the school's hot lunch.  So maybe I should ask if others use blue bunny products?  Thanks for posting their allergen info rebekahc.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview