login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: First reaction requiring Epi ...  (Read 6014 times)

Description: still reeling!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: First reaction requiring Epi ...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
Oh glad you got to talk with her (and I know the PA you're referring to--we go to/went to Burks, too.  :)  )

Glad things are going well, too.  It can be hard that first week out.  :heart:

Sesame is such a hard one. It's so frustrating that they don't have to label for things.  I hope things get back to normal and that you get back to a comfortable enough place. 

----------------------------

OOOH--did NOT mean to be a page topper!!  Please go back and read ctmartin's post about talking with her doctor's office at Duke. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline AllergyMum

Re: First reaction requiring Epi ...
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »

(1)length of time spent in observation/possibility of biphasic reaction:  she told me that Duke requires 4 hours observation post epi.  she did feel that 3 hours sounded a bit short, but also said that they would not have let us go if they weren't sure she would be OK (or at least that we would return in the case that symptoms reappeared). 

(2)positioning during anaphylaxis/ambulance ride:  she said that yes, legs elevated should be the positioning if it seems the person may lose consciousness, but that if they are having trouble breathing the need to be upright. 

Just seeing this now, I am so glad that your DD is okay and doing better.  Each time my son has been epi'ed for the next 4 weeks or so after his ezcema would go crazy and he would have tons of contact reactions will his system got back to normal. 

Our allergist has us stay for 6-8 hours after epi at the hospital.  When we have used the epi on him was have always stayed the full 8 hours.

BIG HUGS during this stressful time
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada