FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Food challenge coming up... can anyone help?  (Read 11195 times)

Description:

Offline Irene

Re: Food challenge coming up... can anyone help?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »
QCMamma,
Yes, the allergist was okay with Nutella and my son can eat all forms of hazelnut now (as long as they are not contaminated with peanut because he's still allergic to peanuts).  He's 12.  We have been undergoing food challenges for various tree nuts since June.  The pistachio challenge was the hardest because I used actual pistachio nuts and he did not like them!  I am using nut butters from now on because they taste better.  He loved the Nutella.
I understand your being nervous about the challenge.  I was nervous about the first one too, and I did not let my son know because I did not want him to be anxious as well.  I pray all goes well for your daughter on Tuesday!

Irene

Offline QCmama

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Thank you!
I haven't told her yet either. She's only 5, but we've basically scared her and everyone at her school, too, because of nuts  :-[

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »
This has a lot of good info that you might find helpful.   :heart:

Demystifying Oral Food Challenges
http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/docs/Demystifying-Food-Challenges-for-Food-Allergy.pdf?pdf=Oral-Food-Challenges