Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

I'm working on an advocacy tool

(1/7) > >>

Hermes:
http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/18034

admin rebekahc:
Momcat
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:11:44 

My idea is to emphasize that schools must meet a food allergic student's basic needs before the student can concentrate on learning.

Comments?  Suggestions?  Ideas?  This is my first draft, and I'd like to make a polished version to share.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

DD12 allergies: peanuts
DS8 allergies: eggs

admin rebekahc:
McCobbre
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:19:49 

Oooh-- I like it!! I need a bit of time to reflect in order to make suggestions, but my initial impression is that it's a great idea and in pretty good shape already.   

"Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic. They are potent forms of enchantment, rich with the power to hurt or heal."~Albus Dumbledore
Me: shellfish, chamomile, sesame and a few odds & ends
DS: peanuts 

admin rebekahc:
Arkadia
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:23:43       

Oooo. Squeel!!! This is so such a parallel to how the nursing field would manage it!! And to think how many folks here said I was way off in my comparison to maslow (and piaget). Oh and erikson, too.   

"We're going to make everyone get along whether they like it or not."

~Oldest son, age 16, upon being asked what most typifies his generation. 

admin rebekahc:
GingerPye
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:28:35       

Squeal! is right  I was just thinking tonight of what I could give to my DS's student teacher about food in the classroom.

The one who keeps using food in her lessons . . . . 

Something like this would be perfect.   

DD, 15 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema
DS, 12 - MA/EA/PA/env./asthma
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version