Shampoo and Soap

Started by jessma03, March 26, 2012, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessma03

My DS is getting older and I need to switch his shampoo from kids to regular. What kinds of Shampoo and Bar soapdo you use? Also deodorant.
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

Jessica

We mostly use Suave shampoo and conditioner and dove unscented bar soap. Younger dd uses that crystal deodorant and older dd uses arrid XX solid regular scent.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

YouKnowWho

Deoderant - I have to rave about DH's switch about a year ago.  He put alcohol in a spray bottle and uses that only.  This is a man who could put the stink in stink, but it kills the nasty buggers under his arm.  Prior to that, he was using deoderant stones with reasonably good success.  He cannot use antipersperants due to recurrent cyst issues and deoderant is generally too highly perfumed which irritate his other allergies.

I apologize for the spelling errors - I need auto-correct for my computer, not just my phone.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Elliana

Quote from: YouKnowWho on March 27, 2012, 09:58:47 AM
Deoderant - I have to rave about DH's switch about a year ago.  He put alcohol in a spray bottle and uses that only.

We make our own shampoo here.  Well, shampoo is a loose term.  We mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with one cup of water.  We condition with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar mixed with one cup of water.  Works wonderfully, and we no longer use other hair products because our hair is more full and nice.  My hair looks much nicer than when I used conventional shampoo, and so does my budget!

Been looking for a homemade soap recipe, as we just use Walmart's brand right now. 
PN/TN allergic
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview