Is Mrs Freshley's still safe? EDIT-IT IS NOT

Started by Jessica, March 28, 2012, 05:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

In the past I was sure that they put bolded ingredients (contains xxx) separately for all the top 8. We bought some today and I just noticed there's no bold statements. Nothing at all on their website. Do you still trust them?

eta: one is brownies which, from online nutrition info, did have a shared lines warning for peanut in the past but there isn't one now. I'm not too confident about these.

eta: called and not only are the brownies made in a nut facility like before, the oatmeal cremes, which were previously safe, are also made in the same facility. They are apparently adding NO warnings whatsoever to their products anymore. The rep I spoke with said she was not aware of any change in labeling and would look into it but the bottom line is that we won't be using any Mrs. Freshley's products at all anymore.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

joshsmom

That just stinks when company's do that. Have you ever tried the Great Value donuts. My son eats the bagged frosted and chocolate ones. I have called on these and there is no warning. I seem to remember that they also have a chococate chip brownie that used to be nut free but I have not called on that since last summer. Is there another brand of oatmeal creams that are safe?

Jessica

The great value oatmeal cremes are safe. I happened to be at a regular grocery store when we bought the Mrs. Freshley's so that's why we got those-they have always labeled well in the past. I got an email reply today saying that both items are safe (the brownies won't be in the future but they've been temporarily moved to a non-nut facility but nuts will be added to this plant soon) while the rep I spoke with said both are not safe. Inconsistency sucks. At any rate we bought both in the great value brand last night and I'm letting dh take the others to work.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

HJK

Whenever I have called, I was always asked for my phone number for the quality control manager to call me back to discuss the allergens. Maybe their process has changed, but he was always good about getting back to me.

He always advised me as to what items were and were not safe. As of my last conversation in the fall, there were some products still being made in a nut free facility. Very few, but some.

DS allergic to peanuts

Jessica

I wasn't asked for my phone number in the phone call or the email.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview