login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Seeking Help! Senior Design Thesis Epi Pen backpack  (Read 2553 times)

Description:

Offline John McGillin

• New
    • Linkedin
Seeking Help! Senior Design Thesis Epi Pen backpack
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

Hi, my name is John McGillin. I am an industrial design student at the Savannah College of Art and Design and for my Senior thesis project I am designing an EpiPen case for the active user.

An EpiPen is a small medical device shaped like a pen used to deliver doses of epinephrine (adrenaline) to people severely affected by allergies, and I'm talking about life or death situations. I myself have an allergy to poultry so severe that after contact, within 15 minutes I will be in anaphylactic shock.

This is why it's important for users to carry an EpiPen on their person at all times, at every meal. For active users that enjoy running, rock climbing, cycling and playing basketball like myself, it's a real drag to carry & properly store an Epi-pen...

My goal is to design a sleek, convenient method of carrying an EpiPen through any activity. Help me give freedom back to active users by answering 10 quick questions.

Thanks for your help!

CLICK HERE > > > > > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGSHLVG < < < < <
John McGillin

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Seeking Help! Senior Design Thesis Epi Pen backpack
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
I've emailed the link to my son, who is en route back to college.  Hopefully he'll respond to you quickly.

Good luck!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US