HAPPYFAMILY

Started by ctmartin, April 03, 2012, 11:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctmartin

Hi, Everyone!

I work for HAPPYFAMILY (makers of HAPPYBABY organic baby/toddler/kid food), and I wanted to share with everyone that this month the focus of our online community (called Generation Happy) is Kids With Food Allergies.  While the company has always been *very* allergy aware and extremely responsible in their labeling, I am so happy that they are giving the subject an entire month of attention it well deserves.

Currently, there is an article meant to create awareness on how to safely host a child with food allergies at a party or play date.  While somewhat rudimentary (this is obviously written to appeal to a general audience), I am happy at how much inclusion is stressed.  You can read the article here:  http://happybabyfood.com/blog/generation-happy/625-hosting-a-child-with-food-allergies 

Also, if you sign up to be a part of our online community (which you can do if you visit the above link), you will be invited to participate in a conference call at the end of the month with the author of the article, Dr. Michael Pistiner, a pediatric allergist with Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates and volunteer at Boston Children's Hospital.

If you haven't checked out our products, they are amazing.  I have worked for the company for almost a year and have wanted to post here about the variety of allergen free offerings we have (e.g. lots of GF/dairy free, all PN/TN free), but I didn't think it appropriate until now.

As I mentioned, HAPPYFAMILY is very supportive of the allergy community, and we are participating in several FAAN walks (including in my own city) over the next several weeks.  For those dealing with PN allergy, we are launching a product nationwide on 4/16 called Sunny Buddies, which, as you might guess from the name, are made from sunflower butter with berry jam in bite sized little squares.  Totally delish, and I am so glad they are bringing sunbutter out into the mainstream for ALL to enjoy.  While we do stress that it is safe for PN allergic kiddos and a great alternative snack for schools with restrictions, we are marketing it for widespread appeal.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

SilverLining

That is cool.  I love that they are marketing to everyone, not just people with fa's.

TwoDDs

I think this story was featured on yahoo yesterday!  Good for your employer!

MandCmama

Ohhh...will the sunny buddies be egg free? :crossed:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

ctmartin

Yep, MandCmama, they are!  Here is the link:  http://www.happybabyfood.com/ourproducts?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=76&category_id=17.

They will be available at Target stores nationwide on 4/16.  They are also available in some Whole Foods stores, and online at amazon.com, diapers.com and alice.com, to name a few.

GoingNuts

Where were you when my kids were young?   ;D

Guess it will benefit my future grandchildren!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Janelle205

The sunny buddies are out for me, allergy wise, but they sound very convenient and delicious, so I hope that they become a great success!

MandCmama

So excited to have a new portable snack option!!!! And available @ TARGET! My boys will be so excited :thumbsup:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

MandCmama

My Target has them already! Perfect snack for traveling!
Pennsylvania, USA

ctmartin

Yay!  I am so glad that they are suitable for your boys!!  They really are quite tasty, and a great on-the-go snack.  I also love the spot on the back for a note to the kiddos ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview