Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster- Recall

Started by Jenmag7, April 07, 2012, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

This is very interesting since the company states that there is no peanuts or treenuts used in any of their products.  Any thoughts?

CMdeux

Yes, two:

a) contract production-- that is, Odwalla doesn't own their own production facilities for all products, and the contracting facility also runs product for OTHER manufacturers.

b) cross-contamination in a raw ingredient stream. 

I'm guessing it's the former, but only because the latter is likely to result in lower overall levels of XC in most instances, and this seems like a pretty big problem if there have been a lot of reactions, since MOST people with FA tolerate fairly high XC levels.  Silk soymilk is a case of the former, for example; it's on shared lines and XC is therefore a fluctuating level that's pretty much a constant background thing that occasionally spikes high enough to be problematic for a LOT of people

It's possible that it was a one-off kind of thing in the second cause, though. 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

becca

I thought they had some almond milk smoothies?  I could be wrong.  But I thought that was why I write them off.   But 4 serious reactions is bad.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview