login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Mylan Ad Frenzy Part II  (Read 25433 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Re: Mylan Ad Frenzy Part II
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »
Isn't that what everyone some people are upset the two ads say?

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
I have had at least one person if not more say this to me after telling them DS can't eat something they looked at me as though I'm stupid and said, "don't you have epi pens?" lol 

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »
Yes-- in all seriousness, it may be raising awareness of epinephrine autoinjectors for the general population...

but... um...

it's made OUR lives harder recently.  I've also had no less than three people say similar things to US in the past three weeks.

"Why don't you just have {DD} carry an epipen?" (in respose to my assertion that something was not a safe environment for a parental "drop-and-go"

"Doesn't she have epipens?" (when I politely but firmly refused a restaurant meal invite)

"She should learn how to use one of those pen things." (unsolicited, 'helpful' advice from an acquiantance of DH's re: DD needing to 'go to a regular school')

It may be coincidence, but I'd not actually heard people say such things to me in quite some time.  The frequency seems alarmingly high right now, and they generally don't want to hear my additional information, preferring to believe that I'm "ignorant" because they saw something about it on TV, I'd assume.  THAT part is definitely new, as always before now, such remarks were more vague and considerably less authoritative in nature. :-/  It's emboldening people who have NO BUSINESS making this kind of decision to decide that my daughter needs nothing more in the way of accommodations-- and that anything we might ask for is unreasonable.  Thanks, Mylan. :-[
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Mfamom

• Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
Isn't that what everyone some people are upset the two ads say?

I think she was kidding.   ;)
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »
Heck, if Epipen were perfect solution then along with the pair of Epi's my family members might also resort to wearing garlic necklaces.

;D

There might be a fall campaign commercial (airing about Halloween time) in there for Mylan.  Just sayin'.

;)

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline DrummersMom

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Yes-- in all seriousness, it may be raising awareness of epinephrine autoinjectors for the general population...

but... um...

it's made OUR lives harder recently.  I've also had no less than three people say similar things to US in the past three weeks.

"Why don't you just have {DD} carry an epipen?" (in respose to my assertion that something was not a safe environment for a parental "drop-and-go"

"Doesn't she have epipens?" (when I politely but firmly refused a restaurant meal invite)

"She should learn how to use one of those pen things." (unsolicited, 'helpful' advice from an acquiantance of DH's re: DD needing to 'go to a regular school')

It may be coincidence, but I'd not actually heard people say such things to me in quite some time.  The frequency seems alarmingly high right now, and they generally don't want to hear my additional information, preferring to believe that I'm "ignorant" because they saw something about it on TV, I'd assume.  THAT part is definitely new, as always before now, such remarks were more vague and considerably less authoritative in nature. :-/  It's emboldening people who have NO BUSINESS making this kind of decision to decide that my daughter needs nothing more in the way of accommodations-- and that anything we might ask for is unreasonable.  Thanks, Mylan. :-[

Really? I've been getting that particular line for *years*...
The 3 is silent.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Thing is, the first two were from people who have KNOWN us for years.   :-/  That part was definitely new.

I guess the part that I found irritating (and novel) was the fact that these people were sort of annoyed that I was "choosing" to be... DIFFICULT... about how we handle DD's allergies.  You know, INSTEAD OF just carrying one of those pen-thingies.
 ~)

Most people in the past have been trying to be helpful and telling us something that they felt we might not know.  Yes, perhaps ignorant in light of DD's extensive history, but still-- well-meaning and sincere/friendly.

Contrast that type of statement:

"Oh, wow-- she should really carry one of those emergency pen things!!  Do you know about those?"

with

"Why don't you just have her learn to carry one of those pens for herself?  She's got to learn to do that at some point, you know."

The latter has a vibe more of "why are you such enormous PITA's about this whole thing?"   :-[
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:20:31 PM by CMdeux »

Western U.S.

Offline booandbrimom

• Food Allergy Bitch On Facebook
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
Thing is, the first two were from people who have KNOWN us for years.   :-/  That part was definitely new.

I guess the part that I found irritating (and novel) was the fact that these people were sort of annoyed that I was "choosing" to be... DIFFICULT... about how we handle DD's allergies.  You know, INSTEAD OF just carrying one of those pen-thingies.

CM, I don't want to get booted for continually flogging my blog here...but you gotta read today's entry. Just for you, honey!

http://foodallergybitch.blogspot.com/2012/05/food-allergy-public-service.html
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »
EXACTLY.   :evil:

Western U.S.

Offline booandbrimom

• Food Allergy Bitch On Facebook
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
EXACTLY.   :evil:

I'm gonna be laughing all day. Don't even care if anyone else reads it!

I think I'm going to make up some napkins.
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

Offline DrummersMom

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

CM, I don't want to get booted for continually flogging my blog here...but you gotta read today's entry. Just for you, honey!

Loved your blog about milk bans in elementary schools.

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »

BRILLIANT.
The 3 is silent.