FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Member Question  (Read 3847 times)

Description:

Offline Hermes

• Committee Member
  • aka: Mfamom
Member Question
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Several members have asked about Arkadia.  After a warning last year and repeated violations of TOS, Arkadia is no longer a member at FAS. 
FAS Committee
Firebird, Abby, Hermes

Offline Hermes

• Committee Member
Re: Member Question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
I was wondering about Ark also.  Having read the link, I am really confused.  I do remember some threads getting very contentious a few months ago, but not recently.  I don`t remember any contentious threads right before Ark vanished.  Can someone refresh my memory?

Offline Hermes

• Committee Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
For the most part, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here or in pm's and I'm ok with that.  I think it's safe to say that Ark and I probably wouldn't mix so well ... I'll just leave it at that.  I trust the leadership here that some serious stuff took place and I trust their judgement.

All I want to say, just like with the AEPaul incident http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/18674 , is that now that it is understood how serious the matter is and how strict the TOS rules are, just consider whether one last chance might be in order.  "I do not need a response to this post.  I do not want details.  I just wanted to say that."

edited to add in part of OP that was cut off
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:39:41 AM by Hermes »

Offline Hermes

• Committee Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »

The Committee decisions are final and it is not appropriate to discuss the details of why a disciplinary action was taken. 

The Committee takes "banning" a member very seriously.  We found that once a pattern or behavior is established and it is shown that the behavior will not change, even with warnings issued, we are left with no other choice but to ban the member.  This was true in both occasions where we've taken this type of action with AEPaul and Arkadia. 

~Firebird, Abby, Hermes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:51:10 AM by Hermes »