Cost Plus World Market-disappointing visit

Started by Jessica, May 13, 2012, 01:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouKnowWho

Quote from: eragon on May 15, 2012, 05:42:54 AM
I have to say that as we are in the uk that we have a wider choice of chocolate and candy type treats to eat . Certainly in comparasion to USA , spent ages searching for something safe for allergic son. He did express some pity for the nut allergic children of america who had little safe chocolate choices.

am hoping we are wrong on this one though, or that things have improved!

Unfortunately no and as like others have noted they are making it harder to buy the UK candies because of the stupid relabeling.  I have been on the search for Smarties (and refuse to pay the specialty shop prices) but my usual sources have dried up.  Guess I have to make the run to the UK grocery store on a Saturday when hitting the farmer's market.

DS2 is addicted to Aero Bars but was interested in trying the Mars Bars but stupid relabeling doesn't allow me to read ingredients.  Are they safe for nut allergies?
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

candyguru

Quote from: YouKnowWho on May 15, 2012, 08:13:17 AM
Quote from: eragon on May 15, 2012, 05:42:54 AM
I have to say that as we are in the uk that we have a wider choice of chocolate and candy type treats to eat . Certainly in comparasion to USA , spent ages searching for something safe for allergic son. He did express some pity for the nut allergic children of america who had little safe chocolate choices.

am hoping we are wrong on this one though, or that things have improved!

Unfortunately no and as like others have noted they are making it harder to buy the UK candies because of the stupid relabeling.  I have been on the search for Smarties (and refuse to pay the specialty shop prices) but my usual sources have dried up.  Guess I have to make the run to the UK grocery store on a Saturday when hitting the farmer's market.

DS2 is addicted to Aero Bars but was interested in trying the Mars Bars but stupid relabeling doesn't allow me to read ingredients.  Are they safe for nut allergies?

The Canadian Mars bars all have peanut-free logos on them so you can tell that they are safe for nut allergies (fyi- they do contain egg)

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

YouKnowWho

Thank you CandyGuru.  Unfortunately I didn't see the PF symbol so I peeled up the stupid relabel.  It contains nuts if it is from the UK.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

candyguru

Quote from: YouKnowWho on May 15, 2012, 08:31:34 PM
Thank you CandyGuru.  Unfortunately I didn't see the PF symbol so I peeled up the stupid relabel.  It contains nuts if it is from the UK.

yes, all the Canadian ones have that peanut-free logo, so if there is no logo, it's not from Canada

yes, unfortunately, the UK Mars bars may contain tree nuts :(

if you ever have friends/co-workers visiting Canada, you should ask them to pick up some Mars bars for you

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview