FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Yearly Allergist Appointment Today  (Read 1925 times)

Description: Ith

Offline MaryM

Yearly Allergist Appointment Today
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
I'm taking the kids to the allergist today.  They will have skin tests and DS really wants to schedule a baked egg challenge if the allergist is still on board.  As always, I am hopeful but know that more than likely there will be no change.  At least I'll get the action plans filled out for camp and one for DD so we can get to work on her 504 for K.

Offline MaryM

Re: Yearly Allergist Appointment Today
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Well, we have a dairy challenge scheduled for DS in July.  I'm in shock.  I'm nervous but excited.

Offline booandbrimom

• Food Allergy Bitch On Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
Oh, good for you! Did you see a major drop in RAST? Or does your allergist just think it's time?

Baked milk or straight milk? (And what happened to egg?)
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »
Holy Moley, Mary M.  I'm soooo excited for you.  Life got so much easier when we were able to cross milk off the list.  :thumbsup:

I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, and anything else I can think of crossed for you.  :)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline MaryM

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
Straight milk.  His numbers have been more consistent with milk.  Egg wheel was up again this time.  Also in the past he consumed a piece of wonder bread (with milk listed in ingredients)by mistake and did not react.  I guess these factors combined with the allergist thinking its time.  We will redo the RAST this month just to make sure.  His excited, I am nervous. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:32:15 PM by MaryM »

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:31:09 AM »
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on the milk for you as well - I cannot imagine having to avoid dairy, so hopefully you'll be able to open up a whole new world of options after the challenge!

Offline suevv1

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
Fingers crossed for you Mary.  Being done with dairy will be awesome.

Sue

Offline MommyOfTwo+1

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
How exciting!!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too that its a pass!! :thumbsup: