FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Access to Allergy shots could get more difficult  (Read 1805 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Access to Allergy shots could get more difficult
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:32:27 PM »
This info was posted in our former allergists office and shared on line.  DS has been receiving allergy shots for over a year now and is off all allergy medication.  It would be a shame not to access to these shots.

https://www.change.org/p/united-states-pharmacopeia-save-patient-access-to-allergy-shots?recruiter=70147516&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Access to Allergy shots could get more difficult
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Yeah-- our insurance company quit paying for them a year ago.  They'll cover the serum, but not the injections.   :-[  Even with our co-pay, it's a huge expense. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline spacecanada

Re: Access to Allergy shots could get more difficult
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
I haven't seen anything about this in Canada; are these changes only in America?  I placed a serum refill order yesterday and the allergist didn't say anything about this.

I am still on the fence about my allergy shots doing any good, but I keep going each week so deep down I must be hopeful.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum