imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Is stearoyl-2-lactylate dairy or not? Personal stories please? Urgent :(  (Read 8523 times)

Description:

Offline Jdawg4life

Hi, I'm 19 years old and have sevre dairy allergies to all dairy products (excluding eggs, that is.) Anywho, I often eat bread products that say it has forms or sodium stearyol-lactylate and such in it, but I'm going camping in another country for 5 days tomorrow night and I bought some hot dog buns that say the ingredient 'Stearoyl-2-lactylate' in it. I've eaten things with Sodium Stearoyl-2-lactylate but not sure if I've eaten this specific type. Anywho, I'm just asking if anyone here often eats things with those ingredients and if it's fine for them? There's just nothing on the internet at all! I really would like responses, it'd be great. Thank you :) :grouphug:

Offline booandbrimom

• Food Allergy Bitch On Facebook
There are some source, Jdawg, but they can be hard to find. Here's one I've found helpful and accurate:

http://www.stevecarper.com/li/Dairy_or_Nondairy_The_Experts_Speak.htm

We've had no problems with SSL over the years and our food chemistry book indicates it's o.k. as well.

One thing we used to do before camping was have my son sample everything. We would obviously not have given him anything we thought was a risk, but for a period of time we had trouble pinning down his allergies and doing this made us ALL feel more secure. If you're worried, nibble a hot dog bun before you go. 
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

Offline socks on a rooster

It's fine.