Cruise Experience?

Started by momtoAidenDeclan, December 31, 2013, 09:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momtoAidenDeclan

We are thinking of a last minute cruise this summer (cheap bookings) with a gang of friends...14 year old ds is PA only.  Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

LisaFromAustralia

My family & I just came back from a Christmas Cruise, on Royal Caribbean. We went to Fiji and Noumea. They were absolutely fantastic with keeping us safe in the main/formal dining room. When we booked I put in about our allergies, then each night our waiter gave us the next nights menu, which we could check and pre-order. He then confirmed if ok and if not make another selection.  As it turned out any foods that contained peanuts/nuts,  are prepared and cooked in a totally separate area to the rest of the food prep areas (I know this because my husband did a behind the scenes tour of our boat). For other food service areas (eg the casual Windjammer self-serve dining) all food was labeled as to whether it had nuts, but I/we were still very careful. There was plenty of safe food to eat.
We (8 of us) had a fantastic cruise, the boat was beautifully decorated for Christmas and we enjoyed Christmas Eve carols, midnight mass (although not Catholic went to the service anyway).  Ate and probably drank too much :cocktail:
Now back to reality, washing, cooking, cleaning...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview