FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Delta - new changes as of June 1st  (Read 10120 times)

Description:

Offline Stinky10

Re: Delta - new changes as of June 1st
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
any current exp with Delta?
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline starlight

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
Took this from my response to a post in September on Delta, here Re: Airlines and peanuts:

After reading an article online, I started following Xander Singh from Passion Pit on twitter, he's PA, and they ended up storing the peanuts right next to him at the back of the plane, even though he told them he's PA.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »
We've been flying them. I've flown about 7 timees with Delta, I've not had any issues with them. They let me preboard without issue, they have all been understanding about not serving nuts. I have them mark it when I book.

I also double check at the gate,  then talk to the flight crew.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:45:26 PM by SweetandSour »
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
I had missed Stinky's post asking for recent experiences. Before the policy change, we had an airborne reaction--bloodshot eyes, wheezing, within 15 min of the packages being opened and it was less than a two hour flight. We are next to a hub so we paid dearly to fly the peanut-free airlines. About $100/each. However, just not an option to repeat that experience again. And the buffer would not be feasible for us. I sent a few emails through their website and posted a bunch elsewhere on the experience.

*However* with the policy change, we tried again. Great--GREAT--experience. Everyone from the gate attendants to the flight stewards were understanding. Almost every flight had a flight attendant who double checked that it was our party with the peanut allergy. We assured them that while the rest of us would enjoy the Biscoff cookies, DS would enjoy his treat that he's tried from home. One flight attendant was absolutely amazing. She checked on us, she expressed concern. She verified that we carried an Epi.

With flights packed, challenging passengers--flight attendants really have a full plate. And their response was really, really wonderful.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 11:25:53 AM »
Tigerlily, that is really encouraging.  Thanks for posting.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US