FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Chicken (is it cross-reactive at all w/ egg??)

(1/4) > >>

AdminCM:
Chicken

admin rebekahc:
MandCmama
Posted: 04.15.2010 at 02:01:45

The first table food my youngest ever had was a cookie. It was Christmas time and we had given him small pieces of them on two occaisions (the second being the time he reacted). After we confirmed it was egg he reacted to, our allergist advised that we hold off introducing chicken "for now". Do any of you with egg allergies have trouble with chicken as well? How long before you were able to try chicken with an egg allergic child? It's so hard to have that in the mix with the 2 food allergies already!

DS#1- 4 yo allergic to peanuts/avoiding tree nuts
DS#2- 2 yo allergic to egg

Pennsylvania, USA

admin rebekahc:
CMdeux
Moderator1
Posted: 04.15.2010 at 02:19:56

???

If there is a link, this is the first I've heard of it.

Albumins are NOT related to the Myosins in muscle tissue at all.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." -Robert Louis Stevenson

USA

admin rebekahc:
MandCmama
Posted: 04.15.2010 at 06:41:02

Hmmm...well now it's even more frustrating?!?

Pennsylvania, USA

admin rebekahc:
MandCmama
Posted: 04.15.2010 at 07:56:55

CM- I've been sitting here thinking back to our office visit...then I remembered she sent us home with a TON of reading material...I can't find the one sheet that gave a more in depth description, but I did find one sheet that states "Occasionally a person sensitive to egg is also sensitive to the meat of egg-laying chickens"...I believe the sheet I can't find (of course) said something like, most people are allergic to the same protien in egg; however, there is another protien,and if allergic to that one, you may also be allergic to chicken....something like that. I'll have to google it now!

Pennsylvania, USA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version