imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: field trip  (Read 7665 times)

Description:

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
Re: field trip
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »
So glad it went okay!  I've been thinking about you guys.  :thumbsup:
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline rainbow

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
Yay - glad it went well. Except for the Plymouth lunch...that is disappointing. Glad that was the only issue.
Did nurse try to call you or work with him to ensure he had enough to eat? Sounds like she could have been more helpful...also that's an example of what we deal with all the time.  Even when it IS safe, sometimes restaurants don't want to serve the person with food allergies.

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
Funny, the day they returned, i picked him up, dropped him home and went back to work.  realized on way to work that he probably didn't get his night meds back.  Ran to school to get them.  I said to nurse, how did it go?  she was a bit short and said, he's home alive and well...and that she already gave him back his meds.
so, yesterday we had a town day and I was there promoting our company.  nurse lives in town and she came up to me and said that she didn't mean to be short, she had some calls etc.  but told me what a great kid DS is and how she was impressed by his manners/behavior but said that she got a real eye opening lesson about how tough it can be to eat that many times with allergies.  She said that the other allergy kids followed him around like puppy dogs.  (not all of their moms did much to help them on the trip). 
So, all I know is I'm glad it is OVER!!  LOL 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
just reading this thread --- I'm so glad it went well for him.  LOL about the amount of food on the bus ---  My dd had the same;  it came in handy a couple of times! 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...