login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Fructose Malabsorption  (Read 2544 times)

Description: Anyone dealing with FM?

Offline mjkeith99

Fructose Malabsorption
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
My son was dx with fructose malabsorption (not intolerance) in April and I am finding it quite difficult to find anyone else who is dealing with this..

I would just like to start a thread so I can ask questions... Like what do you use for sweetener? What things do you/child drink? Things like that. Oh and also what do you do about fruit? Currently my lo can only have bananas and occasionally apples.

Thanks.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Fructose Malabsorption
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
I've never heard of fructose malabsorption, but a quick google search led me to this:

http://www.healthhype.com/nutrition-guide-for-fructose-malabsorption.html
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline mjkeith99

Re: Fructose Malabsorption
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
I've never heard of fructose malabsorption, but a quick google search led me to this:

http://www.healthhype.com/nutrition-guide-for-fructose-malabsorption.html

Wow thanks. I have done so many searches and have never come upon this list before. We were given some from his GI doctor but not this detailed.

Hopefully I will still find some other dealing with this. :)