Field trip to baseball game- UPDATE

Started by notnutty, April 20, 2012, 01:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Mookie86

When FA folks need to have an "alternative," I love when it turns out to be better than the original!  So glad you had such a special day.

my3guys

Sounds like a fabulous day!!! I'm very happy for you guys!

rebekahc

Glad it turned out so well!!

I've gone to several baseball games and haven't had any trouble - until Tuesday night.  The wind was blowing in (light to moderate) from a diagonal, so when a couple of the people 1-3 rows in front of me and to my left started eating peanuts I ended up with mild hives/swelling/itchiness on my lips.  I moved down a few rows (luckily the friends I was with had two separate groups of seats) where I was more open-air and the lip thing went away.  Then the girl in front of me started eating them and I got hives on my lower legs. 

So all that to say, I think you and DS made the right decision.  It would be different to go with parents who could keep a close eye on things and move/leave if necessary.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

ryanmn

Quote from: notnutty on April 22, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: ryanmn on April 22, 2012, 12:03:40 PM
We are taking our kids to a Twins game at the end of next month in the peanut free section.  These tickets sold in a day!!  I think
there were 8 or 10 games to choose from.  I would not take him to a game unless it was in this situation, it's just not worth it to me.
Some kids never get to a professional game of any kind, allergies or not, so if you get a chance to go to one of those games, I would.
Good luck!!

So you would not let your DS go for a field trip? It's killing me knowing he is going to be so left out.

It was not for a field trip.  He never had a field trip to a Twins game.
Ryan-12: Peanuts/treenuts, grass, trees, ragweed, pollen, mold, horses, asthma, eczema

Sean-9: No allergies

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview