How much do you worry about dog food?

Started by Jessica, May 17, 2012, 07:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSLaru

Thanks for your suggestions - I'll look into them.  The breeder uses Diamond puppy food, and last I checked the region wasn't included in the recall, but I will still likely transition to something different.  I did see Blue Buffalo and some of the Natura Pet foods at a couple stores, so I'll look into them.  Jessica, did you call Blue Buffalo or Earthborn?

Jessica

I emailed Earthborn just recently. I think I contacted Blue Buffalo a couple of years ago when we started feeding it to the cat (we still use it for our cats).

eta the reply I got from Earthborn:

According to our plant manager Earthborn is not run on the same line as our peanut biscuits, nor the same area of the plant. We don't include any regrind in to the Earthborn so it should never happen, but to guaranteed that it won't, would be the time that something weird would happen and a peanut would make it's way across the plant into the food. We will be moving our treat line to a separate building the first week of June and with the operation in a totally different building we would feel confident that there would be no way for the peanuts to contaminate the Earthborn.

Cindy MontgomeryVP, MarketingMidwestern Pet Foods, Inc
9634 Hedden Road
Evansville, IN 47725p 812-867-4504, ext. 107
812-867-0424
cmontgomery@midwesternpetfoods.com
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview