FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Warning - Ben and Jerry's  (Read 19620 times)

Description: New flavor not properly labelled

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Warning - Ben and Jerry's
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
HH beat me to it - I just got home and came on to post this.

Starlight, clearly it was NOT your imagination - and heaven only knows how many folks you saved by alerting them.

Just curious - have you heard anything directly from them yet?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline starlight

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
Radio silence from everyone. I'm not sure if B&J took action based on my email to them or if FAAN contacted them after I sent the info to them. But it's ok, obviously someone read one of them. I really didn't ask B&J for any sort of response anyway and I can't imagine them wanting to further engage me in my irateness, lol. And I wouldn't put it past myself to have typed in my email address wrong.

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »
They've issued a recall on this flavor.

http://www.boston.com/business/news/2012/06/13/ben-jerry-chocolate-nougat-crunch-ice-cream-recalled/K7VUzQbsWvV0evBuyoV5iP/story.html

Pints of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Nougat Crunch Ice Cream are being pulled from store shelves after the Vermont ice cream maker’s parent company said there were undeclared nuts in the food.

According to a press release from Stop & Shop, no illnesses have been reported. Undeclared peanuts or tree nuts on an ingredient list can cause a serious reaction for people with certain food allergies.

The affected product has date codes of JUL1113BJ1, JUL1213BJ1, AUG0113BJ1, AUG0213BJ1, AUG2313BJ1, AUG2413BJ1, AUG2513BJ1, SEP2013BJ1, SEP2113BJ1, or OCT2313BJ1 printed on the bottom of the pint. The UPC label for the affected pints is 7684020899.

Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt back to stores for a refund.

Food allergy symptoms typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic, according to a release.

Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call the customer service department of Ben & Jerry’s parent company, Unilever, at (877) 270-7397.

WOW-- good job following through, starlight.   :yes:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:48:21 AM by AdminCM »

Offline starlight

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
 :thumbsup:
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US