The Doctors TV show: Fake a butter allergy

Started by Momcat, May 29, 2012, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momcat

DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

AllergyMum

And that is precisely why people don't respect my child's dairy allergy. 
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

catelyn

Quote from: AllergyMum on May 29, 2012, 11:45:19 AM

But butter isn't dairy right (rolling eyes).  Just like I often get flour isn't wheat or your celiac so that means you can't have lactose right.

Egads. 

maeve

Quote from: catelyn on May 29, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
Quote from: AllergyMum on May 29, 2012, 11:45:19 AM

But butter isn't dairy right (rolling eyes).  Just like I often get flour isn't wheat or your celiac so that means you can't have lactose right.

Egads. 

No eggs are dairy. ~)
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

hedgehog

I sent a message telling them that that kind of thing contributes to allergies not being taken seriously.  And saying shame on them.  I'm not sure how seriously they will take my message, though.
USA

eragon

i sent a tweet to @TheDoctors  complaining, anyone else fancy adding their view?
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

GoingNuts

HH, were you able to find an email address or a fax # to send your comment, or just the mailing address?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hedgehog

I actually commented where I was supposed to ask a question I'd like to see addressed on the show.  I don't remember exactly how I found that.  It took some clicking around to get there.
USA

hedgehog

OK.  I just looked again.  Once you've done it, it's easier to find than it was for me yesterday.  Go to "Contact the Show", then click on "Ask our doctors."  They do want all your contact info (name address, phone, etc. are required), then there is a box where you can put your question.  My question was actually "Are you kidding!?" followed by the rest of my comment.
USA

GoingNuts

I did that as well, but wasn't sure it was really the right place to do it.  I hope they're flooded with complaints!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hedgehog

I only did that because there was no place to make a comment.  But it looks like it would be read, in any case.  And then hopefully passed on to the right person.
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview