FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Epipen usage and follow-up care  (Read 1877 times)

Description: help me convince a friend

Offline GingerPye

Epipen usage and follow-up care
« on: July 15, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »
A friend has an egg allergy --- positive test result, but more importantly, she's had a history of anaphylaxis with egg.  She FINALLY got an epipen prescription from a new allergist she's seeing.  However, this allergist did not tell her to go to ER after using the epipen.  She was/is under the impression that if she uses the epipen and it takes care of the reaction, everything is good.  No need for anything more.

I sent her the link to the Epipen patient insert.  What else can I send her to convince her that she needs to be seen in ER after using the epipen?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Epipen usage and follow-up care
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »
Just tell her to call and ask him.  While they may have neglected to tell her this, hopefully he will set her straight.  Might be omission, not that she was instructed to not go.  Really, though, all you can do is tell her, and send her something, like you did.   
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy