imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sara Lee bread  (Read 27903 times)

Description:

Offline Linden

Re: Sara Lee bread
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
We've used the Pillsbury Simply French Bread quite a bit (no egg, peanuts/treenuts, or dairy). I then found Fiber One is made by General Mills. I was a little concerned it would be well, "indelicate", for a toddler, but I've seen no effects whatsoever using the lower fiber varieties.     
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

Offline jcpett

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
 :-[ Thanks for the heads up.  Sara Lee has been our go to brand for hamburger and hot dog buns.  Now I'll have to find something else. So annoying!

DS LTFA to tree nuts,  avoiding peanuts and sunflower seeds

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »
CM:   Can you share your recipe?

"recipe" is probably really pushing it.  I use 1 c tepid water, ~1 tsp bread machine yeast (I like Bakipan brand, but whatever works for you is fine), about 1/2 tsp salt, then add flour (Gold Medal yellow-bag with as much as 60% :other: flour-- rye, whole wheat, etc.) until the KitchenAid and my sense of these things says it's done.  I sometimes add about a tsp of olive oil at the end to make the dough easier to handle, then I flop it into a loaf pan, let it rise at room temp for 2-3 hours (basically, again, until it looks about right), and bake in a very warm oven (425F is what I usually do bread at) for about 23-30 minutes (depends on flours).

Bread isn't hard-- it just takes time, and a fair degree of practice.  Don't give up after 2-4 failures, basically.  Just learn, dump as needed, and move on. 

My personal recommendation has anyone who wants to make bread baking everything gluten-free for three years.  THEN bake yeast-bread.  It'll feel easy.  Like the ingredients all basically want to be bread.  LOL.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »
Thanks CM!  ;)
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
bumping for iansmom
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA