King Leo Royal Mints?

Started by SkyScorcher, June 29, 2012, 11:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyScorcher

I'd just like to know if anyone's talked to the manufacturer of these things (Quality Candy Company).  My allergies include pn/tn and egg.  The mints read okay on the label, but they're made in Mexico, which makes me nervous.  The package I'm looking at right now is Vanilla Mint flavor (but the diff flavors are probably on shared lines? maybe?).  The package does say "does not contain any traces of nuts, soy, wheat, or dairy", but peanuts =/= nuts, technically.  It's probably included, but I don't know what this statement means from this manufacturer and it clearly doesn't specify egg at all.   :insane:
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy.

Der Regenbogenfisch kannst dir jetzt nicht hilfst!

Peanut, treenut (except hazelnuts), egg.

Western US

rebekahc

I've never heard of them, but the fact their list excludes egg seems suspicious for the possibility of contamination.  Plus, the fact they're made in Mexico would be another strike against them IMO.

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

CMdeux

:bye:  Sky;

http://www.qcandystore.com/products.php?cat=15

I'd call them and specifically ask about 'shared/dedicated lines.'  Their product line looks good, but only if they have their own facility.  Some labels contract out to manufacturers who do work for pretty much anyone.  The only way to know is to call.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

rebekahc

Sorry, had to cut my post short (doggy digestive issue)!

Yes, like CM says, the only way to know is to call. Then you'll have to decide how comfortable you are with the information they give.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

YouKnowWho

We are not anti-Mexico personally, China is another story though.

I would call personally.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

SkyScorcher

Thanks, everyone.  I'll definitely call on Monday and at least ask them what their policies for contract manufacturing are (apparently they do THAT, too, according to their website.  strike three for me personally).   :crossed:
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy.

Der Regenbogenfisch kannst dir jetzt nicht hilfst!

Peanut, treenut (except hazelnuts), egg.

Western US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview