FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Lobster House- Cape May, NJ  (Read 1572 times)

Description: Fell over us

Offline MandCmama

Lobster House- Cape May, NJ
« on: July 17, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
We rarely eat out since the "bring the boys food with us" option, just makes me feel way too guilty.  Before we left for the beach, M overheard DH and I talking about this restaurant right on the marina. When I explained we would be eating their food, but he and C would likely have to eat our own food, he was not phased... He heard boats& water.... That's all he needed!
     When we arrived I spoke with the first staffer I came to and explained the boys allergies. She called the manager ( this place is HUGE) and he reserved us a seat on the porch and would meet with us prior to ordering.  From that point on everyone knew who we were. The manager explained how the kitchen avoids x-cont.  and pointed out he would have the boys meals prepared in one of the kitchens that is not used during the dinner hour.
     The boys both decided to just eat what we brought ( think it was combo of being nervous and I had packed their favorite- just in case), although they were thrilled when the waitress brought them some separately pan fried fries :)
Just wanted to post b/c I seem to remember many of you going to Cape May! Sorry for any typos- phone on the beach!
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)