Skinny Cow dreamy clusters (Nestle) safe for pa/tna

Started by Jessica, July 17, 2012, 10:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

emails:
mine (apparently my caps button was busted that day)
are the skinny cow dreamy clusters made in a peanut and tree nut free facility? thank you

reply:
Thank you for contacting Nestlé® Skinny Cow™ Candy.

The Skinny Cow™ Dreamy Clusters™ are not made in a facility that also processes peanuts.

Labeling regulations require that if any of the eight recognized known allergens, such as peanuts, are in the product, they must be listed in the ingredient statement. We always list the allergen by the common name.

Additionally, our factories, that use any of the recognized allergens as an ingredient, take all precautions to avoid cross contact of products that do not contain them. We always add a cautionary statement at the end of our packaging ingredient listing if a product is made on the same line or factory of those products containing a recognized allergen. It is recommended that you always check the label before purchasing a product.

We appreciate your interest and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

Sincerely,Laura TaylorConsumer Response Representative

my next reply:Thank you. What about tree nuts?

their reply:
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our email.

The Skinny Cow™ Dreamy Clusters™ are not made in a facility that also processes treenuts.
We appreciate your interest and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

Sincerely,Laura TaylorConsumer Response Representative

If anyone else contacts and hears something different, please share. We haven't worked up the nerve to try them just yet.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

Are these the caramel/rice/chocolate clusters?  Because I buy them and my package has always had a cross-contamination warning.  I have not given them to my DD.

They also make a bar that contains peanut.  It's the chocolate wafer like bar.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Jessica

Yes. I bought a box today and there is no warning. There have also been no warnings on the little bags of them that I've seen. There is on the wafer ones.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

Thank you for this thread!!  DS has enjoyed two of the cookies and creme bars!!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

I'm looking at the candy in store as I post this. Heads up on this one. The Heavenly Crisp bars contain ground peanut as an ingredient even in non-peanut flavors.

Case by case, label by label, absolutely no blind trust on brand here.

maeve

USA-Virginia

livingnutfree

Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Jessica

I'd be nervous about the ice cream. It's Edy's/Dreyers and they don't consider peanut oil to be an allergen.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

Actually, not the sandwiches but the ice cream bars.  I didn't know SKinny Cow made anything but ice cream, and when I saw this thread, I thought it was referring to ice cream and bought DS the cookies and cream (with caramel drizzles) ice cream bar.

:misspeak:

He's still alive, btw.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Jessica

Oh sh*t! I think from now on if I post a new food item, I'll try to post a picture. That is scary-I'm so sorry.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

OK I checked my box of the Dreamy Clusters and there was no warning.  DD has had them without a problem, and she loves them.  Thanks for posting about them.  I may have been hesitant to give them to her because the other chocolate items contain peanut.

These are the Dreamy Clusters
http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=30

This is the ice cream bar McC mentioned:
http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=27

USA-Virginia

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview