FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: CVS zinc oxide sunscreen-anyone use this?  (Read 5476 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

CVS zinc oxide sunscreen-anyone use this?
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:39:15 AM »
http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Sunscreen-With-Zinc-Oxide-Spf-45?skuId=308282

It only shows the active ingredients on the webpage. Here are the rest of the ingredients on the tube:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Beeswax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Ethylexyl Stearate, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline krasota

Re: CVS zinc oxide sunscreen-anyone use this?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
I can't use that one, but I use the CVS brand pure and natural (or whatever) knock off of the Neutrogena baby mineral sunblock sticks.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:09:18 AM »
We don't use that one, but we do use the blue stick for kids by Neutrogena (it smells so good.. like fruity), and Water Babies foam.  I don't know if this info helps but it works great (both do).
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »
thanks. I need something that doesn't contain avobenzone that is fairly easy to spread. We did put some of this on dd's inner elbow to test it and she didn't have any problem with it. We'll repeat the test in a few days before we trust it on her whole body. I have a few bottles of Blue Lizard that is fine but I have to buy it online. I want to find something I can buy locally if possible.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Irene

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
I've been looking for a chemical-free sunblock too because my son was getting a rash on his face from sunblock.  I've been using Green Babies zinc oxide sunscreen (unscented with pomegranate seed oil).  This is the only one so far that does not irritate his face.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide 20% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Capric Caprylic Triglyceride, Sorbitan Stearate, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Castor Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide

*Certified organic ingredient

Only drawback is the price - it's $16.99 for 3 fl. oz at Whole Foods.  But I'm only using it for the face.

Also tried Neutrogena pure and free baby faces as well as Banana Boat's Natural Reflect but while okay for the body, they still irritated his face somewhat.  Maybe it's the titanium dioxide that is absent in the green babies sunblock?

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:37 AM »
I saw a sunscreen at cvs the other day called Solar Sense Clear zinc Baby Sunscreen. 
It seemed like it might be  a good one to try

My ds is less sensitive to sunscreen now that he's older, but some still dry out his skin.  The other one I found last year that is great is KidSport Spray.  feels great on the skin.  didn't irritate my ds one bit. 

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes