imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Mocrowave popcorn  (Read 4461 times)

Description:

Offline jessma03

Mocrowave popcorn
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
What kind does everyone use??
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

Offline Jessica

Re: Mocrowave popcorn
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
We've used smart balance and orville redenbacher.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
Pop Secret.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline IowaMom

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »
We use pop secret also.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »
Pop Secret here.  We started using it when it Betty Crocker (General Mills).  After they were sold to Diamond, we kept using it.  It may be a company that specializes in nuts, but their allergy labeling has always been very good.
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »
Pop Secret here.  We started using it when it Betty Crocker (General Mills).  After they were sold to Diamond, we kept using it.  It may be a company that specializes in nuts, but their allergy labeling has always been very good.
Good to know-thanks!
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
I just sent an e-mail to Orille Redemdacher to ask if their popcorn is safe for peanut and sesame. 

I was hoping someone here dealing with both those allergies would know.  I'll ipdate when I hear from them.

Offline nameless

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:04:36 AM »
Oh people...people people people...

know this...

...there is a very awesome way to do microwave popcorn inexpensively, without all the crap chemicals and weird ingredients and BPA in the bags that gets NUKED into your popcorn, and you can customize for each person.

Check it out:
http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/07/27/popcorn-recipe-gourmet-popcorn/

and http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/plain-brown-popper-recipe2/index.html

(Alton Brown staples his bag...I never do)

Cheers!
Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
Got a reply about the popcorn.  I am in CANADA and I'm not positive if the information is also for the US.

ConAgra Foods shows any of the Major Food Allergens (Crustacean Shellfish, Egg, Fish, Milk, Peanut, Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Sesame Seeds, Mustard and Sulphites) on the ingredient list. We also include a 'Contains' statement in plain language on all of our products that contain any of the Major Food Allergens. This is how you know if any of these allergens are present. The 'Contains' statement appears in bold type directly after the ingredient list on the Nutrition Facts panel of our packages. If a Major Food Allergen is included in a flavoring or spice blend in the product, we always show it in the 'Contains' statement.

Our product formulas may change from time to time, but please be assured that we try to avoid adding allergens to reformulated products whenever possible. We encourage you to please check both the ingredient list and 'Contains' statement each time you buy a product in case the formulation has changed.

If a Major Food Allergen is not listed in the 'Contains' or 'May Contain' statements, you can be confident the product does not contain that particular allergen.

Offline Irene

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Thanks Adrienne for the links to the homemade popcorn!  I've tried it and it works!

Offline nameless

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »
Thanks Adrienne for the links to the homemade popcorn!  I've tried it and it works!

yay!
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Offline jessma03

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:43 AM »
What kind of kernals do you use?? Is there a safe brand?? This seems so much better than buying microwave!!
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

Offline nameless

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »
What kind of kernals do you use?? Is there a safe brand?? This seems so much better than buying microwave!!

You just use whatever kernel you'd put into an air popper.  I don't know about safe brands, I'm a label reader not a caller (which works for me).

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
New England