We got D's test results today

Started by joanna5, August 06, 2012, 06:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanna5

Every year, I'm so damn hopeful.  And every year, I'm so damn disappointed.

Very little change from last year.

Milk: 18.7 (individual proteins ranged from 7-16)
Egg White: 9.38
Ovomucoid: 0.84
Mustard Seed: 3.4
Peanut: 15.2
Tree nuts ranged from negative to 1.57

We are going in later this month to do skin testing to see if he is eligible for a baked egg challenge.

When D he was first diagnosed at eight months, I was devastated for how hard it would be in the short term.  I never imagined though, that we would still be dealing with this at almost eight.
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Mookie86

:grouphug:

Hopefully one of these times you'll actually get good results.  I'm sorry it wasn't this time.

hk

I hate that hopeful feeling followed by disappointment that happens every year.  It's been 6 years for us and dd is 8 now and we haven't gotten rid of a single allergen.  Sorry you didn't this time.  Good luck on getting a baked egg challenge.

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

joanna5

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate the support.  I think I'm feeling the sting more as we have just moved and so are back to square one dealing with schools and friends and everything.
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

CMdeux

It's so hard when it feels like one MORE thing that has to be emotionally dealt with again.  :console:  I know many of us have been there, joanna.  It's not a good feeling.  I always feel a little "cheated" when those test results (or just reactions which prove that we don't need to even bother) demonstrate that my kid isn't one of the "normal" ones who are supposed to outgrow all of that by the time they are.... well, whatever age it's supposed to happen at.  ::sigh::  It hasn't, and it just plain bites.

:tongue:  Food allergies.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview