login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FDA approves auvi-Q (epinephrine auto injecter)  (Read 45307 times)

Description: ON THE MARKET NOW!!

Offline SilverLining

Re: FDA approves auvi-Q (epinephrine auto injecter)
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »
Our insurance company prefers not to actually think.  Ever.  If covered by provincial plan, t's covered by our plan.  If not, the it's not.  As of last week, it is not covered by my provinces plan (however it is coved in some provinces).  I cannot even find out whether ON has declined coverage or they just haven't decided yet.

I can't wait any longer though.  I don't object to carrying an epi that expired a month or so ago...especially in winter for ds.  But, spring is coming (I think) so I'm going to replace today, with epi's.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »
LOL!  I had to Google "Allerject".  I thought it might be a different new device.

It's probably already mentioned in this thread.  I wonder why the need for different names?

Offline Mfamom

• Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 07:16:08 AM »
while I'm thrilled with the convenience of the Auvi-Q and I think it is an amazing device, I'm a little hot with Sanofi right now.
I sent an email awhile back letting them know about the expiration date and lot number wearing off rather quickly on my son's device.  I think pulling it in and out of his pocket, etc. caused the wear.
I added a picture so they could see. 
they replied with a standard email.  a week later, I received a pre paid box to mail the "defective" product back.  I called the 1800 number and explained that there is nothing wrong with the device, just that they may want to re think the location of the ex. date etc.  the cs lady was pretty insistent that I return the device.  I told her that I would IF they send me a coupon for a FREE refill.  She said NO!  I said, fine I'm not returning it.
A few weeks later I got another pre paid box and a more aggressive letter.
I've had now at least 3 boxes sent to me, I've had several calls from them.  Each time I tell them same thing.  I was giving you feed back on the ex date location and I'm not returning it unless you pay for a replacement.  There isn't anything wrong with the device!  The answer is always NO and I end the conversation.
Yesterday, got a call again.  Totally lost it on the lady.  She was insistent that I return it. 
WTH
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline maeve

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2013, 07:20:18 AM »
while I'm thrilled with the convenience of the Auvi-Q and I think it is an amazing device, I'm a little hot with Sanofi right now.
I sent an email awhile back letting them know about the expiration date and lot number wearing off rather quickly on my son's device.  I think pulling it in and out of his pocket, etc. caused the wear.
I added a picture so they could see. 
they replied with a standard email.  a week later, I received a pre paid box to mail the "defective" product back.  I called the 1800 number and explained that there is nothing wrong with the device, just that they may want to re think the location of the ex. date etc.  the cs lady was pretty insistent that I return the device.  I told her that I would IF they send me a coupon for a FREE refill.  She said NO!  I said, fine I'm not returning it.
A few weeks later I got another pre paid box and a more aggressive letter.
I've had now at least 3 boxes sent to me, I've had several calls from them.  Each time I tell them same thing.  I was giving you feed back on the ex date location and I'm not returning it unless you pay for a replacement.  There isn't anything wrong with the device!  The answer is always NO and I end the conversation.
Yesterday, got a call again.  Totally lost it on the lady.  She was insistent that I return it. 
WTH

Tell them that you're contacting the FDA.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline yelloww

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
I have the same problem with the expiration date on ours. It is also on the bottom of the box. I wrote it on the bottom of our calendar. I'm not calling them about it because I don't want to complain about something that is otherwise fantastic!

I'd be flipping out too! Ask to speak to a manager next time!

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
Yes, maybe you can tell that (higher up) person that you'll use one of their nifty prepaid boxes when your device expires or is no longer valid for use (either through use, or temperature excursion, etc.)  You know, and not before.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »
Bump
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts