FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FDA approves auvi-Q (epinephrine auto injecter)  (Read 45079 times)

Description: ON THE MARKET NOW!!

twinturbo

Re: FDA approves auvi-Q (epinephrine auto injecter)
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »
Updates point to availability of the Auvi-q in the first quarter of 2013. My jacket pocket holding the six-shooter of Mylan EpiPens can finally downsize.

editing to add US release

editing again to add that Sanofi offers assistance for medication acquisition. For those uninsured you may be able to get assitance with Auvi-q.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:18:42 PM by twinturbo »

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
Pictures please!! 

I'm planning for two of these to appear in DS' stocking.  :)
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

twinturbo

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »
EVEN THOUGH YOUR AVATAR IS FREAKING ME OUT happy to oblige.

From the other Auvi-q thread. Videos at the end of production and one of the allergists from the development team.

Auvi-Q

From Sanofi's press release on Auvi-Q the important stuff

Clinical Study Background

A bioequivalence clinical study was conducted using Auvi-Q (epinephrine injection, USP) and EpiPenŽ. Both auto-injectors delivered 0.3mg of epinephrine. Injections with epinephrine using Auvi-Q were well-tolerated and resulted in epinephrine plasma concentration levels that were found to be bioequivalent to EpiPenŽ.

adding link to Sanofi page with video on production you can actually see the injectors being made (it's the second video)

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57459-sanofi-receives-fda-approval-for-auvi-q-epinephrine-auto-injector

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »
Heh, heh. Well, it's better than my Halloween one. :)

Oh--wait--I thought you had some on hand.  But I see now the first quarter of next year. Aw, rats.  I was really hoping to make these a favorite stocking stuffer. 

But, um, perhaps a President's Day offering instead?  Or Valentines?  What better way to say "I love you!" 

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
Or Valentines?  What better way to say "I love you!"

:thumbsup: and  :rofl:

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
 :thumbsup:
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
I guess you'll just have to settle for Emergency Room Co-Pay gift certificates for the stocking, then...

;D

(One wonders, though, exactly what the response would be to THAT phone call.... "So I'm doing my stocking stuffers.  You don't, by any chance offer gift certificates, do you?"   LOL)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Video of the Demo can be found here.

www.Auvi-Q.com
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline maeve

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »
Looking at the picture of it, it looks like it's just a single dose of epinepherine so you'd have to carry two.  I'm not sure how space-saving that would be.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

twinturbo

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
One for one it's not much different but six at all times it would permit me during a NE winter to save my one deep pocket that can hold tubes to go down to three then my two other inner pockets are more squares than deep rectangles. Try finding one pocket in any jacket that can accommodate an entire pack of hot dogs.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Mention when coat shopping that you plan to shoplift hotdogs and loaves of French bread regularly...

or would like a way to sneak an entire fifth of tequila into sporting events and theaters...

and would like something with commodious and easily accessible inner pockets?

:misspeak:

(I'm kidding, of course.  But it might be fun to try it just to watch the reaction some time.)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
Aside from the pocket bulge issue making temp stability problematic I also think a load of tubes jammed into my body cavity if I'm in a car accident is something I'd like to avoid getting a Darwin Award for. At least multiple flat objects won't embed as deeply.

Offline Mfamom

• Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
for instance, at school, my ds carries ONE autoinjector, so the design of this will be more convenient for him to carry.  Also, for a boy, will hopefully be easier/more convenient to carry.  Right now we have twinject, so technically he does have 2 doses.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline maeve

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
One for one it's not much different but six at all times it would permit me during a NE winter to save my one deep pocket that can hold tubes to go down to three then my two other inner pockets are more squares than deep rectangles. Try finding one pocket in any jacket that can accommodate an entire pack of hot dogs.

I guess in your case, if one misfired you could use the injector for another person.

for instance, at school, my ds carries ONE autoinjector, so the design of this will be more convenient for him to carry.  Also, for a boy, will hopefully be easier/more convenient to carry.  Right now we have twinject, so technically he does have 2 doses.

What does your son do in the instance of the injector misfiring or the needle getting bent? 
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:32 PM »
I was hoping one would carry two injections as well.  Having a teenage boy carry two epis is a difficult thing. He will have two of these and a phone and I'm not sure how that will help. 

In some situations, I know he only carries one epi with him now. Those are when there is other epi around.  In the winter, he could keep one in his pants pocket if he's going out with friends and one in a coat pocket, as long as it's kept with him. 

In the summer he tends to do cargo type shorts so epis don't look bulky. Two would work well there.