FDA approves auvi-Q (epinephrine auto injecter)

Started by SilverLining, August 13, 2012, 10:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

I have blue cross health insurance.... Can't remember what our new prescription plan is( used to have express scripts), but it wouldn't help anyone,anyway, unless you are a PA state employee...
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

momma2boys

I did a formulary check today through our blue cross ins and it came back with $40 copay. I ordered a two pack which will hopefully come in tomorrow.  Just have to get an rx!
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

yelloww

Quote from: MandCmama on January 31, 2013, 06:45:11 PM
I have blue cross health insurance.... Can't remember what our new prescription plan is( used to have express scripts), but it wouldn't help anyone,anyway, unless you are a PA state employee...

DH is. If you got them, then we probably can too! Thanks!

MandCmama

Yes ma'am! $36 copay, but $25 with the coupon. Didn't look into the 3 month supply through CVS yet. What region of the state are you in, yelloww?
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Mfamom

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Mfamom

I was just reading about mylan not being too happy about the new device.  They should have put a bit more thought into the changes they made a few years ago and made both improvements in safety and userfriendliness. 
shame on them for trying to block this new device with lawsuits etc. 

Committee Member Hermes

mommabridget

Just paid $150 (with insurance) to get an Epi-pen duo pack re-filled.  We are going to the allergist - research hospital (DS is a control in a study) on Friday.  I will ask for a script then and get their thoughts on the device.  I'm excited to see it!
Have a blessed day!
DS(22) Allergic to peanuts, cashews & soy.
DD(29) Allergic to Bactrim, & iodine. 
DD(31)NKA
DGS (born June 2011) NKA
DGS (born April 2014) NKA
Louisiana, USA

Mfamom

Committee Member Hermes

ajasfolks2

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Mfamom

I thought I could click on Savings on the webpage and print the coupon.  I signed in with name etc awhile back, but never got a coupon.  How did you all get yours?

Committee Member Hermes

Mfamom

UGH!!  having trouble getting the coupon.  I called the pharmacy to see how much the copay is...$120, so I'll be tracking one down.  I could drive to dr office and get one (the rep was there yesterday) but I don't really have time to do that. 

Committee Member Hermes

MandCmama

After signing in I clicked on 'savings', I believe.  You can print it out or text it to your phone.  I could not get the text option to work...
Pennsylvania, USA

Mfamom

now i see what I did wrong.  It asks some basic questions including when your current auto injector expires.  i didn't fill that part out.  went back and filled out ALL the questions and then was prompted to download or text the coupon.  Yeah!  off to CVS to get it.  My ds going to be so excited!

Committee Member Hermes

MandCmama

I also can't say enough about how wonderful this is for DS1 to carry! The epipen was almost as wide as he was and considerably thicker than this device.  He wears a onespot allergy belt facing his backside- his shirt would ride up over the epipen and kind of rest on it.  This is not issue with auvi-q.  He also no longer complains in the car when we go further than a few blocks. I also think the belts will last longer...they barely have to stretch to accommodate the auvi-q, so there will be less wear along the edges of it (currently an issue with epi pen).
  I'm thinking I might have DS2 start carrying the trainer around...it may take him longer to earn my trust for self carrying- he's my wild child, lol!
Pennsylvania, USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview