Would you provide all of the classroom treats, if that were an option?

Started by eggallergymom, August 13, 2012, 02:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggallergymom

The teacher actually stepped up at our 504 team meeting the day before school, and said HE wanted to supply all of the classroom treats for the four parties during the year!  He said he was very worried about other parents bringing in the wrong thing. So he'll buy them from the list I provided, and then let me know what he's bringing to the party, so I can send in a "matching" treat for my daughter. At this point, that's the system she and I are most comfortable with, particularly since it was a teacher who gave her the food that put her in the hospital. No matter who's buying the treats, she only eats food that I've sent in from home.  I am one of the room moms, so I'll likely hear if parents grumble about the teacher bringing the treats, but I think they'll grumble less about him doing that than they would if it were me.

We're still trying to iron out a few social issues I hadn't anticipated, all relative to the lunchroom. We'll get there, I think. This group seems to be a lot more responsive and earnest about making things safer AND less stressful this year. I just want her to have a more "normal" and fun year. She is far too stressed for an eight year old.

Thanks again for your input, everyone!
DD-age 9, LTFA to eggs, seasonal allergies, mild allergic asthma

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview