Nasonex users - Question about RX costs?

Started by TabiCat, August 25, 2012, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabiCat

I know every insurance is different but I would like to know what some of you pay out of pocket for a Nasonex script. The co-pay that the pharmacy is quoting me seem WAY out of line and I am trying to do a bit of follow up. I KNOW we have had a Nasonex script in the past that of not anywhere near this cost. 
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

CMdeux

My last refill was up to a $50 copay.   :-[  Probably not what you wanted to hear.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

TabiCat

They are quoting me over 100 for one inhaler. The pharmacy is running it back through. Insurance sometimes does something funky if you don't question it you get shorted. Is there a comparable med that is available in generic?

Texas

Janelle205

Can you do Flonase?  That comes in generic, and I actually prefer it to the Nasonex - the nasonex smell made me throw up a little.

Mookie86

Interesting that you have a problem with Nasonex, but do fine on Flonase.  I'm the opposite.  Flonase gives me headaches, and the generic is even worse.  I do fine with Nasonex, and I've also used another one whose name is escaping me now.

If I go to a retail pharmacy, I pay $35 for one Nasonex.  If I do it via mail order, I get three of them for $70 (one month free).  Here's a tip:  have the doctor write the rx for two sprays per day, per nostril.  That'll get you three bottles for three months.

Here's a link to a coupon offered on Nasonex's website.  You get $15 off per refill/new rx. http://www.nasonex.com/nasx/special-offers.action?link=personalizedProgram&web_program_id=00400000

PurpleCat

We get Nasonex from our mail order pharmacy option which gives us a 90 day supply for the price of 60 days.  Our co-pay is $20.00 for 30 days, so I pay $40.00 for a 3 month supply.

TabiCat

Texas

Macabre

Good!!  I pay $30.  But on my insurance the first script of the year has a deductible of $50, so that adds a little extra sting.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

TabiCat

Try the cuopon link Mookie posted it applies to your copay and is multiuse.

Texas

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview