login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Uncle Maddios  (Read 1815 times)

Description: Pizza -gluten/egg/peanut free

Offline YouKnowWho

Uncle Maddios
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
We tried a new pizza place yesterday called Uncle Maddios (owned by Moe's Southwest Grill).  I cannot tell you what a wonderful experience it was for our allergy set.

Uncle Maddio's specializes in individual pizzas to order.  But the selling point for us, they offer gluten and egg free pizza.  Keep in mind that DS1 has had pizza out once in his life because most gluten free pizza is made with egg or in an environment that cross contaminates.  When I asked for the GF pizza (in a kid's size), their first question was this preference or allergies.  When I said allergies, everyone stopped to change their gloves - and from each station said GF allergies.  They had specific sauce containers and got new cheese for us.  They steered us away from the pepperoni due to cross contamination. 

The biggest bonus?  DS1 LOVED his pizza!  I cannot match his smile, it was amazing.  Even my MIL who has recently gone GF said it was really tasty. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

Re: Uncle Maddios
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »
 :happydance:
So happy your ds got to enjoy a pizza!
 :thumbsup:
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....