Hershey's Simple Pleasures

Started by joshsmom, August 27, 2012, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshsmom

I found Hershey's Simple Pleasures. There is no nut warning on the label. I bought the milk chocolate with chocolate cream. There are different varieties. Did not notice any nut flavors. Has anyone seen these? 30% less fat.

Jessica

We've been buying them. The one with white inside has shea, which dd does not want to try, so we just get the milk chocolate w/ chocolate inside.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

becca

We tried them, too.  The dark and milk variety, with a chocolate filling.  We do not avoid shea.  Dd enjoyed them.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Emily

what is shea? My 4 year old was just diagnosed with a peanut and tree nut allergy yesterday so I am still trying to figure things out. I have never heard of shea.

Jessica

There is a lot of discussion whether shea is a nut or not. Some that have tree nut allergies have reacted to it. I honestly can't sort through all the info to figure it out. We did try a lotion with shea on dd's skin and she had no trouble with that but doesn't want to try foods with it. So I buy skin products for myself with shea but dd prefers to just avoid it.

They actually tout shea as good for people with allergies and babies and such. So I tried to explain that to dd but she is adamant. I'm not going to force her.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

candyguru

I eat chocolate with shea in it and never had any problem (I am PA).  I also use Green Cricket skin moisturizer with shea, and my 5 yr old daughter also uses it (she is allergic to everything: peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, wheat, eggs, lentils, beans).. she has no problem with it either.  I guess if people are not sure, best to ask your allergist.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Jessica

I'm hoping there's a test for it at some point-that may get dd to try it. Our allergist only says to avoid but he says that about everything we ask about. He should know it's not always that easy to just avoid everything but that is his pat answer for it all. Frustrating. We may look for a different one but there aren't many around here. When we had the Uknow test done, we asked that allergist (different one) about shea and he said there was no test and she would have to do a challenge. Not sure if we want to stick with this one either though, as his office is impossible to contact. It took me about 4 months of calls and messages for them to send me copies of her test.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

I used to use a Burt's Bees hand cream with shea in it. Loved it. Used it for years.  Then I noticed my hands getting red and swollen. I don't use it anymore. And I also avoid soaps with shea in them, because my hands have gotten itchy from using it. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

To add, DS is PA only (well, recent testing showed him allergic to shrimp, kiwi, and celery, but as far as nuts go, only PA), and he does fine with the Hershey products with shea.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hezzier

SweetandSour

I will use products with shea, but I won't eat them. I don't know, it's a limit for me I guess.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

PurpleCat

My DD has contact reactions to shea so we completely avoid it.  The worst was when she used a kleenex years ago not knowing they had shea lotion on them....her poor face!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview