Jelly Belly Brand Candy Corn

Started by Mfamom, September 01, 2012, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

does anyone know about jelly belly labeling/practices?  I usually don't bother much with jelly belly because I thought there is usually a warning and my ds doesn't prefer that type of candy.  I know they have a pb one too,
I was at the store though and saw candy corn made by them.  I've never gotten safe candy corn before and my ds has never had it. the label didnt have a warning....
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

YouKnowWho

A few years ago they went peanut free but have been really sketchy on the tree nut side of things.  I think other posts and questions to them pointed to the fact that they polish most of their candy in a shared polisher with tree nuts.  But that it should be an issue  :disappointed:

http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/15112/post_id/316611#316611
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Mfamom

thanks, YKW...one more reason for my ds to bite the bullet and to tree nut challenge.  It doesn't appear that he is allergic to them, negative rast and spts
previously had positive spts, but i think it was cross reactions to pollen
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Mezzo

We were all excited to find that lately, candy corn labeled peanut free.  Jelly Belly doesn't have a peanut jelly bean anymore. But some of their things must be handled by someone else, because a few of their products don't have the PF label.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview