Lima Beans for school activity...

Started by IowaMom, September 20, 2012, 09:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaMom

DD's teacher called this morning and wanted to know if it was ok for her to handle (NOT EAT) Lima beans for a class project.  I believe it is for science/planting.  DD won't eat beans at home, but has touched them occasionally at home without problems.  I am assuming this would be okay...does anyone else have any experience regarding other legumes? Thanks!!
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

twinturbo

The project as you describe given PA only, for botanical projects that are plant life cycle I've always ok'd it--enthusiastically, actually. But legumes outside of peanut have neither proven themselves to be an issue and the exploration of botanical science IMO is a far cry from the consumptive add-ons most food projects in school are.

CMdeux

Yup.

What she said.  Without demonstrated issues with legumes and contact sensitivity, this one is a-okay.   :yes:  Kudos to the teach for asking you.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

IowaMom

Thanks for your responses! The activity went great..DD loved it!  Now she is taking seeds out of everything and wanting to plant them ;)  it was actually the nurse that called.  We've had numerous issues with the teacher so not sure if it was her idea or not- but was very pleased that someone asked me first :thumbsup:
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview