FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Late July brand  (Read 1985 times)

Description: PN/TN free logo!

Offline nameless

Late July brand
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
At Sprouts - found Late July brand tortilla chips (whole grains) on sale and then noticed a PN/TN free logo on the bag.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Late July brand
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
Huh.  That is great.  My MIL had has their crackers in the past(maybe she finds them at Aldis?) and they had some sort of nut warning, as does most of what she tries to feed dd.  Sigh.  Maybe they have changed their processing, or maybe just the chips are ok.  But still good!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline nameless

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »
yeah - I know I've seen warnings on other things from them...so it might be a 'only this product' thing.

I like them...but I also like 'enhanced' tortilla chips that have other whole grains in them to make them substantial and healthier, higher dietary fiber.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »
LOL DS1 was complaining that they tasted too healthy for him.

My MIL brought the chips over for him a few weeks ago.  I haven't looked at their offerings in the grocery store lately (mainly because things are so rarely safe for one child or the other if they look reasonably healthy or tasty).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hk

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »
I emailed them and the response was confusing enough that I didn't pursue it further.