Starbucks (seeking current opinions)

Started by hk, September 21, 2012, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetandSour

Let's see...I had my first ana rxn in Fall 2007, so....around Dec. 2007? 
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

YouKnowWho

Every Starbucks here is swamped and frenzied.  I don't know how, I am convinced there are more Starbucks per people in this community.  Honestly those are two key factors that I warn my kids about, especially when trying to get allergy specifications out there.  (Not to mention expensive and nasty tasting).

Guess I might need to rethink this when DS1 gets older and wants to hang out without his mommy LOL  Though, I have to say that he is getting much better at loudly (he is not a kid who projects) places his order and noting his allergies in a variety of places.  He has even ventured into asking the questions he hears me ask (I ask if the waitress has a little time to let DS1 order as practice).

Maybe I will teach him to be a pack leader and convince everyone Caribou is better (I am not vetting Caribou safety, it just happens to be another chain option).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

krasota

Caribou has a lot more wheat, peanuts, nuts, and soy.  I've gone into two different locations in different cities . . . and walked out and found the nearest soda machine, instead. 
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

YouKnowWho

Thank you for the heads up Krasota.  I had not investigated yet.  My SIL and I head there for better coffee (my allergies are obscure enough that they don't affect coffee, just the munchies in the counter).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

maeve

Quote from: krasota on October 08, 2012, 07:59:05 PM
Caribou has a lot more wheat, peanuts, nuts, and soy.  I've gone into two different locations in different cities . . . and walked out and found the nearest soda machine, instead. 

Very true.  Our local shop is a Caribou and I only let DD get a prepacked soda and chips if we stop in.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview