Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein:

(1/4) > >>

AdminCM:
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 1
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 2
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 3
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 4

Janelle205:
Didn't see this one in any of the archived threads...

Country Crock brand pre-made mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section of the grocery have egg as an ingredient.

Stupid me didn't check the label until I got home.  Fiancee and step-daughter thought they were gross and not as good as the brand that I normally buy when I'm feeling lazy though.

But really?  Eggs in mashed potatoes?  Why?

CMdeux:
Ohhhhhh-- I bet it's an ingredient in the Simplesse/fat substitute in them, huh?

I would never have thought of that.

Here's one that we've run into with frustratingly increasing frequency-- DRY CAT FOODS.  It seems like most of the brands that we used to use now contain it. 

:-[

Janelle205:
Dug the container out of the trash...the egg (egg white lysozyme) is actually listed as part of an "antimicrobial blend".

Yum.

maeve:

--- Quote from: Janelle205 on December 05, 2011, 04:58:41 PM ---Dug the container out of the trash...the egg (egg white lysozyme) is actually listed as part of an "antimicrobial blend".

Yum.

--- End quote ---

Lysozyme often shows up in cheese (usually hard European cheeses like Gran Padano).  It retards spoilage in cheese. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version