FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein:

(1/4) > >>

AdminCM:
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 1
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 2
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 3
Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein: (plus some of the more obvious ones, too) page 4

Janelle205:
Didn't see this one in any of the archived threads...

Country Crock brand pre-made mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section of the grocery have egg as an ingredient.

Stupid me didn't check the label until I got home.  Fiancee and step-daughter thought they were gross and not as good as the brand that I normally buy when I'm feeling lazy though.

But really?  Eggs in mashed potatoes?  Why?

CMdeux:
Ohhhhhh-- I bet it's an ingredient in the Simplesse/fat substitute in them, huh?

I would never have thought of that.

Here's one that we've run into with frustratingly increasing frequency-- DRY CAT FOODS.  It seems like most of the brands that we used to use now contain it. 

:-[

Janelle205:
Dug the container out of the trash...the egg (egg white lysozyme) is actually listed as part of an "antimicrobial blend".

Yum.

maeve:

--- Quote from: Janelle205 on December 05, 2011, 04:58:41 PM ---Dug the container out of the trash...the egg (egg white lysozyme) is actually listed as part of an "antimicrobial blend".

Yum.

--- End quote ---

Lysozyme often shows up in cheese (usually hard European cheeses like Gran Padano).  It retards spoilage in cheese. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version