FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Unusual and Unexpected Sources for egg/egg protein:

<< < (2/4) > >>

lilpig99:
Just saw that Jewel Brand boxed Turkey Stuffing lists egg in parenthesis after 'natural flavor'.

Really surprised to have seen that one!

YouKnowWho:
Smucker's Sundae Syrup - Caramel Flavored Syrup

Lists natural flavor from eggs. 

Really?  And for fun, a not so easy to read label.  Good thing DS1 refuses me on it every time I offer it (yes, I hang my head in shame for not reading for eggs more closely but being more concerned about wheat, rye or barley).

maeve:

--- Quote from: YouKnowWho on January 29, 2013, 12:14:51 PM ---Smucker's Sundae Syrup - Caramel Flavored Syrup

Lists natural flavor from eggs. 

Really?  And for fun, a not so easy to read label.  Good thing DS1 refuses me on it every time I offer it (yes, I hang my head in shame for not reading for eggs more closely but being more concerned about wheat, rye or barley).

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that the sugar free version does not have egg.  It's been a while since I purchased it and I'm not sure about wheat, etc.

CMdeux:
It's possible that it has been a somewhat recent change, too-- because I know that DD has had that stuff in the past, and there is little possibility that we would have:  a) missed it on the label and b) gotten so lucky that low-threshold DD didn't react, either.

That would have been during the period when touching plants which had been sprayed with deer repellent gave her hives-- after a heavy rain-- and when pasta on shared lines resulted in full-body hives.   So yeah, low threshold enough that this seems impossible to me.

maeve:
Just checked their web site, and it must be a recent change.  I may even have noticed the change at the supermarket and just don't think of the product anymore because it's off our list KWIM?

I looks like they have two other caramel versions that do not have egg in them. (They're not fat free, though.)

http://www.smuckers.com/products/group.aspx?groupId=4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version