FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Mfrs. & Packaged Food

Scharffen Berger

(1/3) > >>

GoingNuts:
Lately I've been noticing that none of the 3 oz. bars in my area have had allergen warnings on them - previously it was only the baking bars that were safe in my area.  I recalled that they were excellent at labeling, but I wanted to double check.

I purchased a milk bar (blech!) for DS, and called when I got home.  They confirmed that if there is any chance of shared equipment, X-Contam of any kind it will be on the label.  That goes for gluten as well, BTW - and this bar is labeled as gluten free.

They do have several different facilities, so always check the label. 

Personally, I adore their 82%, but I know DS will love the milk one.  :)

Jessica:
No wonder I've never heard of this-it isn't sold at any store in my area, according to their website. None in my state at all-that's not really fair. :P

hezzier:
I rarely see anything but baking supplies outside of Whole Foods.

CMdeux:
Yeah-- our co-op and local health food stores carry them-- but only limited varieties.

Great news on labeling, though!  I'll definitely be keeping this in mind for making yummy stuff with dark-dark-dark chocolate.  (Which is the only kind worthy of the name, tyvm.)

Macabre:
We can get it here!  I've bought DH the dark bar, and I've bought the baking chocolate (haven't used it yet). DH has since bought himself a bar. :) I want to get some for DS--the milk chocolate.

I only bought it from having read about it here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version