FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: NYC: Museum of Natural History  (Read 4618 times)

Description: pizza place safe for nut

twinturbo

NYC: Museum of Natural History
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
DS1 goes to Sinai and Sicherer in two weeks. To soften the blow DH is taking him for a dad date to the Museum of Natural History while in NYC. Looking for a pizza place within walking distance of MoNH safe mainly for PA, would love TN and egg safe, too. Egg cross contam probably okay.

twinturbo

Re: NYC: Museum of Natural History
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:55:56 AM »
bumping. Any specific pizza joints would be okay around Mt. Sinai, JFK, Museum of Natural Science, or Times Square area. I'll map out McD and Chipotle in the area. Although I probably ate untold amounts of pizza while waiting for the Staten Island ferry as a kid I have no 2012 info.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
I really don't know of any specific places near any of those locations.  Believe it or not, as of the last time I was there, there isn't really a lot of kid-friendly eating within easy walking distance of the Museum of Natural History (though I admit it's been several years since I've been there). 

There are tons of eateries on Madison Avenue around the corner from Mt. Sinai.  DS likes a deli near there - I have no idea of the name or whether it would work with your allergens.

There is a Shake Shack near Times Square - check out their website for allergen info.  There's a Hard Rock there as well.  There's tons of pizza all over the city, don't know of specific ones to recommend. 

Good luck!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
if I remember, there is a Chipolte near Times Square...
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
if I remember, there is a Chipolte near Times Square...

There is.  It's on 8th Ave south of 52nd, but that's 20 blocks from the museum.  I don't know of anyplace to eat around the museum.  It's in a predominantly residential area.  Then again, it's been 7 years since I've take DD there.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »
You might PM Macabre and see if she has suggestions?
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline krasota

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
I have heard good things about Sambuca, which is a few blocks north, I think.  I've never called, nor been.  I intended to take DS to the city this spring and would have called prior to that trip, but girlie's rather early arrival put the kibosh on that outing.

We have slightly different allergies, though, so YMMV.  It would be worth a call, I think.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.